RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wrong postage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wrong postage
    Posted: 05 June 2013 at 4:28pm
I hope this gets answered support as yet again another question re Nochex I had has gone unanswered from 2 June, despite support having been on the system. I feel like I'm being blacklisted as every question I post goes unanswered lately.

Here goes and fingers crossed.

Someone has from Slovakia has given their Slovak address for invoice all correct and then given this as the delivery address, but changed to shipping to UK despite having a Slovak address to obtain free shipping ie he has manged to select 2nd class postage by ent4er UK at the bottom of the address. I unfortunately didn't notice this and the parcel has gone out. Is there any way of preventing it.

The order is RC14360791 on our system. Our store is 23520.

Thank you.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2013 at 4:41pm
Hi,
Did they set their country to United Kingdom or Slovakia?
Many Thanks
Support
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2013 at 10:16am
In the deliver to they set their address to a slovak address and then put the country as UK. In the invoice section the whole address is Slovakia.

You can see if you look at the order number.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2013 at 1:24pm
Hi,

If the customer enters the UK as the country then they would be shown UK delivery options.
In this particular case you would need to address the issue with the customer who has entered the incorrect details.

With the greatest respect the best way to avoid this type of issue, is to check the address you are sending it to. It would seem unlikely that the parcel is going to be successfully delivered if it has United Kingdom as the country but the address is in Slovakia.

The only other option would be for the cart to somehow recognize when an address does not belong in a particular country, which as I am sure you will appreciate is an almost impossible task and certainly out of the bounds of a shopping cart.

Many Thanks
Support

raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2013 at 2:19pm
I normally check the address, but i missed this one. Was hoping that it could be blocked in some way, but I appreciate that is probably an impossibility. Just wanted to make sure that it wasn't something that had gone wrong. Pity though that people can pick an incorrect shipping area and it go through as best will in the world try to spot these, but don't always. If I'd caught it before dispatch I wouldn't have sent until postage was paid.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic