RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Separate Invoice & Delivery Address in Contacts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Separate Invoice & Delivery Address in Contacts
    Posted: 12 May 2016 at 10:32am
Would it be possible, in the 'Add a Contact' screen, to have the option of an invoice address and a delivery address for customers? I know that it is possible to add a separate delivery address at checkout stage but i have many repeat customers who want their invoice to be sent to their home address and the goods to be delivered to them at work. At the moment i am having to rely on my very bad memory when these customers order to say "Are we delivering to your work address?" but one day i will forget and it will go to the wrong place.
I also have quite a few customers who order products to be sent to a friends house so again i need to have a permanent option for a separate delivery address.
Thanks
Nicky
Nickyh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 12:45pm
Another new customer today with exactly the same issue. I have to set him up using his delivery address but every time i want to send his invoice or take card details on repeat orders i am going to have to ask for his home address again and again.
It really would make things so much easier to have them both at set -up stage.
Nickyh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2017 at 2:32pm
Any luck with this yet as this is still a big issue for me? Our parcels have to be signed for so more and more customers are having their parcels delivered to their work address. The annoying bit is that customers just assume that the details are on our system so they just say "Same as last time" then i have to go back checking previous orders. Even if there was a tick box to say' Customer uses different delivery address' then i would be prompted to check.
Thank you.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2017 at 11:26am
Hi,

We are currently working on integrating Braintree (Powered by PayPal) once this is finished we will take a look at this (In about 3 weeks).

Many Thanks
Support
Nickyh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 2:10pm
Did we get any further with this? I think that in the last year since I brought this up I may have already got an answer of "Its not possible" but I cant remember. (It rings a bell).

This is still causing me huge problems.

Assuming that it is still not possible, does anyone else use an effective method which I can steal? I currently have an old address book with both the invoice address and delivery address of these customers in. When I create the customer, I have to enter the delivery address as their main address and then just remember to check in the book and manually change the billing address.
(I often forget to change the billing address as I have more and more customers using this delivery method. I can see this causing major problems if I ever had to take anyone to court for non-payment as the address would be their work address).

I wonder, if it isn't possible to have a separate invoice and delivery address, would it be possible to have a tick box in the 'Edit Customer' screen which we can tick if they have a different delivery address? At least that would prompt me to check in my little book!
Nickyh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 2:19pm
Anyone??
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 12:35pm
Hi,
We will look into this as soon as possible.
I can see why this would be useful to you!
Apologies for the delay,

Many Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic