RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Volumetric weight calculation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dch1950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 9:41am
Hi,
the question I asked you was "how do you override the weights for each country?", I am having a moan, but that wasn't your job to answer me - I was talking to "rcass"
I can only see a shipping override per product / per shipping method (which is selected by total weight, and a selected country from a known table.
By that point the country info is lost, therefore it can only be an overide for that product, provided the selected country exists in the appropriate country weight table and breaks the override weight maximum. So to create this as described you would need some 200+ tables (one per country - each with an override trigger weight defined by the maximum you would ship there.
Or have I got it wrong? - That's why I asked you (support) but you chose not to see it.
regards
Dave

Dave H
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 9:44am
Hi,

You override the weight for each shipping method using the overrideweight param for that shipping method in the shipping section of the product properties.

Many Thanks
Support
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 9:45am
Hi,

After having re-read your question - yes - if your shipping is different for lots of countries then you would need to set up lots of shipping methods.

Edit: It's worth mentioning though that as the cart uses geolocation the customer would only see the shipping methods relevant to their location.

Many Thanks
Support

Edited by Support - 23 February 2018 at 9:48am
dch1950 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dch1950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 10:37am
classic - so the answer to my question is - you can't override it.
A really useful feature would be if an entry for the weight of the basket in any country table didn't exist- the put up a user defined message to "please contact me - the vendor for a quote"
D
Dave H
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 10:42am
Hi,

I'm obviously missing something here....
Please let me know which bit I am not understanding.

With shipping you set up shipping methods and apply multiple regions to it.
For example in the UK most merchants have UK, Europe and Rest of World shipping methods, with the respective countries set on them.

You can change the weight for each of those shipping methods for each item if required.

If you require individual shipping methods for each country then you would set those up and could then override the weight for each country.

It would be a lot of work though.

Many Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic