RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > What do other carts do that RomanCart does not?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UPS Tracking Number Dispatching Automation...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UPS Tracking Number Dispatching Automation...
    Posted: 27 January 2017 at 12:59pm
Hello,

The one thing RomanCart is missing is integration with 3rd party shipping solutions like Ship Station or the ability to automatically upload tracking numbers to customers.

I have been a loyal fan of RomanCart since my business was brand new in 2011, worked great for my needs and I have been able to upgrade and use more features as my business has grown. We are at the point now where we are shipping around 80-90 packages a day and the process of dispatching orders is costing us so much time. We use UPS World Ship software and basically import/export Excel files to print labels and export tracking numbers. The problem is then we have to go back into RomanCart and copy and paste each individual tracking number into the cart and it takes 9 separate mouse clicks per order to dispatch.

I spoke with someone in the support department back in September about UPS and he told me you guys were working on some sort of feature that would allow for this type of integration. Can you update me on this or will this be something I can look forward to using?

I am being told that I have out-grown RomanCart and I should look for another shopping cart platform, but I really do not want to leave, as I am a big fan and everything else has been great!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Cheers!
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 2:41pm
Hi MrMushroom,

We already have an integration with UPS which automates everything and shows the real time tracking on the control panel.

We do plan on allowing you to use our integrated system with your own ups account which hopefully is exactly what you need!

You cannot outgrow RomanCart as we don't have any limits on sales. We have many really successful merchants using the system many of them very large. However if you do decide to look at other systems - please take a look at our other system www.sellr.com which is an all in one system which gives you a website and integrates with marketplaces. It was recently chosen by PayPal as the first UK ecommerce system to offer PayPal's new Braintree system. (This is coming to RomanCart very soon).

Many Thanks
Support
JCurtis View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCurtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2017 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Support Support wrote:

Hi MrMushroom,
We do plan on allowing you to use our integrated system with your own ups account which hopefully is exactly what you need!Many Thanks
Support

Oh that is interesting, and could be very handy. Would it also let me handle export paperwork/commercial invoices too?

Also as well as booking a collection it should have the ability to drop off at an access point. As round here I cannot book a pickup after 1200 but can drop off at the access point until 1500 for collection.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic