RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Padlock & Cloudflare SSL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henrycart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Green Padlock & Cloudflare SSL
    Posted: 27 November 2017 at 12:53pm
It would be nice to see a green padlock for the secure encryption on the card entry details page rather than just a grey SSL padlock.

Edited by henrycart - 21 December 2017 at 4:29pm
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 4:45pm
Hi,

RomanCart does show a green padlock on Chrome. Different browsers show SSL in different ways.

It may be that you are referring to EV SSL. We have moved away from EV because of the maintenance and administration and also that we believe it no longer provides any benefits above standard SSL.

Up to 80% of transactions are now on mobiles where you normally cannot really see the SSL status at all.

Having said all that - we are working on a way for you to have RomanCart running on your own subdomain. e.g. cart.yourwebsite.com. You would then be able to apply any SSL certificate you wanted to. We believe that that is the optimum solution as you would then have the certificate under your own name.

Many Thanks
Support
teamsurv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teamsurv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 10:30am
I'd disagree about EV SSL, especially now that free SSL certificates are available to everyone. EV SSL does show that the certificate holder has been verified by the certificate issuer, and we find that the admin overhead is not very onerous for the site we use it on.
Yes, 80% of people will do produce research on mobile devices, but actual sales are still only just over 50%, and Romancart will only be viewed by the customer when actually making the purchase.
henrycart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henrycart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2017 at 4:55pm
Yes, I did mean the EV name part.

As you say, Chrome shows the green padlock (I had been looking at safari, which shows a grey padlock). I think, In the past I seem to remember EV was used with name of RomanCart + padlock showing on the card details checkout page and thought it might be nice to return to that.

However, I noticed others moved away from EV and often towards SSL over cloudflare, which is secure, so happy with that (and amended my initial post).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic