RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > New Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Important GDPR Changes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Important GDPR Changes
    Posted: 01 March 2018 at 1:30pm
Hi,

At 'tools'/'options'/'marketing' you can now set your email sign up preferences.

You can have 'Not Added to Email List' or 'Opt Out' or 'Opt In'

For those affected by GDPR, it must be either Opt In or 'Not Added'

Many Thanks
Support
softap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2018 at 2:02pm
I don't see this helping with situations where a customer places an order and ticks the "send me emails" tickbox on the checkout screen? Under those circumstances, Romancart should send a confirmation email asking the customer to confirm that they want to be sent emails (i.e. double opt-in). I just tried placing an order, with the setting on "opt in" - but I didn't get any additional email asking me to confirm my opt-in.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2018 at 3:35pm
Hi,

Firstly - we will add double opt-in before GDPR as it will be a useful belt and braces approach.

However - I'm not sure where you have read the double opt-in requirement.

See the GDPR at :
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679&from=EN

Point 32 says
"Consent should be given by a clear affirmative act establishing a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject's agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her, such as by a written statement, including by electronic means, or an oral statement. This could include ticking a box when visiting an internet website"

It makes a big deal about not having pre-ticked checkboxes but as far as we are aware, it doesn't mention double opt-in.

Many Thanks
Support

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic