RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mobile payments by PayPal not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mobile payments by PayPal not working
    Posted: 06 June 2018 at 2:37pm
Is anyone else having this problem.

Payments by Paypal work on the desktop, but not on a mobile.
I am guessing this means the payment configeration is OK as there is not a separate one for desktop and mobile. So there is some issue when going from the mobile basket to paypal.

We use hosted cart templates/shopping cart templates.

The basket tries to connect to paypal but something gets rejected - before the paypal page loads it just returns to the basket page.

Looking at history the page that tries (for a split second before returning to the basket) is
https://checkout.paypal.com/web/3.6.1/html/paypal-landing-frame.min.html

So maybe something in the way the basket is talking to paypal is not working.

We use braintree and they are pretty certain it is a RC issue (but of course could have been fobbing me off)
nabrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nabrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2018 at 7:57am
We have a similar issue started about month ago (as I type last occurred 3 Sept 18) where romancart sales manager shows not completed with no email sent to merchant or customer (M-eml , C-eml). Somehow customers are making a paypal payment then query where the goods are as we have no indication of a sale. Of the 8, 7 are on mobile device. All are Paypal not paypal express. One customer did the transaction again with paypal express which is OK but paid twice as the first one which did not process on Romancart went through on Paypal.

Is there any indication from anyone if this is a Romacart or Paypal issue. It is losing us business from unhappy customers.
Nigel

Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2018 at 8:48am
Hi nabrad,
See the faq on this at
https://www.romancart.com/sell-more/topbuttons/shopping_cart_faq.html#z
"Why are my PayPal Standard transactions suddenly all showing as 'Not Completed' on the Sales Manager when the customer has paid me in my PayPal account?"

Note that at 'configure'/'payment methods' you nee to click on the link at the bottom for 'other payment methods'

Many Thanks
Support
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2018 at 8:51am
Hi rich-erich,

Apologies that this thread hasn't been answered, hopefully you phoned us up with this.

Are you still getting the issue?
It essentially must be a Braintree issue as those pages are out of our control.
Maybe your page is not loading in SSL? Check that first.

Either way, if you get this again, use PayPal Express instead as that is a different system which does not go through Braintree.

Many Thanks

Support
rich-erich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich-erich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2018 at 9:13am
Yes we spoke. It got resolved. I think Braintree realised it was actually their issue and fixed it.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2018 at 9:17am
That's good news. Thanks for the update.
Support
nabrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nabrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2018 at 11:22am
Temporarily disabled paypal by braintree as we have paypal express and paypal standard. The primary email on the paypal account is different to the payments notification but it's been like that without change for many years. Will look at changing primary paypal email at some point and re-enbling braintree payment option
Thanks
Nigel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic