RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Invoice formatting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invoice formatting
    Posted: 31 May 2019 at 10:59am
At present, Romancart invoice totals are laid out as follows:

Subtotal, <subtotal> tag, 'displays total of all items, including tax, before shipping is added'.
Total shipping
VAT
Total

Would it be possible to create a new tag, <subtotalnet> which will return the total of all items excluding VAT?

ie, the combined value of all numbers generated in the <itemtotalnetprice> fields?

Would it be possible to creat a new tag <totalshippingnet> which will return the total shipping cost without VAT?

A number of my customers are Health Authorities.

For example, the standard accounting layout for a VAT receipt, as required by them, and as generated with most accounts packages is as follows:

Goods, net price - 10.00
Goods, net price - 10.00
Goods, net price - 10.00
Goods, net price - 10.00

Goods, subtotal, exc. VAT - 40.00

Total shipping, exc. VAT - 5.00

VAT - 9.00

Invoice total - 54.00

or:-

Goods, net price - 10.00
Goods, net price - 10.00
Goods, net price - 10.00
Goods, net price - 10.00
Total shipping, exc. VAT - 5.00

Subtotal, exc. VAT - 45.00

VAT - 9.00

Invoice total - 54.00

Looks like I could create either quite easily if I had the tags which would populate the fields with total goods before VAT and total shipping before VAT.

At present, I have to copy and paste Romancart invoices into word, manually amend the fields, resave as a pdf and send the bill. It's a pain.

Richard.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2019 at 9:18am
Hi Richard,

Apologies for the delay in replying - I saw your message on the poll.
We did take a look at your question and it's not a simple piece of work with high risk.

That doesn't mean we won't do it, but it's one of those things where we need a quiet moment to really have a look at it properly and we have not had that yet.

I will update on this when available.

Many thanks
Simon
RomanCart Support
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2019 at 12:58pm
Emailed earlier, should of posted on the forum so it makes sense to others looking for similar. -

Thank you Simon.

To be clear, I’m not suggesting for one moment that invoices should be reconfigured by default. The thing I particularly like about RomanCart is the ability to customise things.

I’ll send a copy of an invoice which I sent to the NHS last week. The wombles they employ in purchasing simply cannot get their heads round the standard RomanCart version [in particular, the placement of 'subtotals' inc. VAT].

This is an example of a standard format (I use ’standard’ loosely, there isn’t a manual/set of hard rules - It’s what would be generated in Sage or similar) VAT invoice.

The only variation would be whether the shipping line went before or after the subtotal depending on preference. In my example it’s irrelevant because the shipping prices are included for sales to this customer.

As you will see, I could make an html Romancart template easily, provided I could generate a subtotal excl. VAT and a shipping total excl. VAT.

I would not use such a template for non VAT registered customers because it would cause confusion.

There is also the potential issue of rounding errors caused by recalculating the VAT as 16.666% of the gross on separate lines. Also a mix of zero rated and standard rated goods could be foreseen, but not for what I sell.

Best wishes,

Richard.

Edited by rscass - 05 June 2019 at 1:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic