RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Incorporate region option in cart page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Incorporate region option in cart page
    Posted: 24 January 2013 at 12:13pm
There is a glaring issue with RC's implementation of regional option. IMHO the region drop down option should be part of the cart page. Given that many prospective customers will not have English as their first language incorporating the regional options into the cart page could save many lost sales. This is even more important when a sale is coming through a Smartphone.
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 1:21pm
Hi,
I would argue that on a mobile device you need clear separate steps rather than everything crammed onto one screen.
In addition most stores have the majority of customers located in their home country, so they do not see the region screen at all.
Many Thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 7:32pm
I am sure most online stores do not restrict sales to just their own country. I am with Jackslad it would be better as part of the cart page.
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 8:07pm
Hi,
Most stores default it to their home country so you wouldn't see the region screen unless you click on 'change region'.
The fewer options the customer has to make the easier it is to buy.
Many Thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 10:13am
The problem with setting to default to our home country is that for international customers they then see the UK postage rate and vat charges and uk price, if they then do not notice the Change country (language problems and word "change" not over visable) and go on to the checkout then at that point notice the change the country on the delivery address, they then are sent to the country selection page after which they then have to select the checkout page again, which from memory of testing wipes out any address information they already entered, far to many steps.
This is not "The fewer options the customer has to make the easier it is to buy option".
We have the region page show as we do not wish our customers to be confused over the prices they are first shown so if it was simply part of the cart page that would remove the regions page step and be quicker for sales coming through a Smartphone.
Red
jackslad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackslad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 10:29am
Red is correct - RC's recommended way is fine if you only sell in your home country - but these days more and more merchants will be pushing the export or die boat and this means that the present set-up is as described above and undoubtedly leads to a lot of cart abandonment by non-UK prospective purchasers. As we have live analysis of of our website users we see this happening time and time again. BTW - you are still using Change Region on the smartphone implementation - not Change Country which is more logical. A region is somewhere like the "South West" or the "North". My subscription is due for renewal in April and I am sadly starting to look at the alternative to RC which sometimes appears more concerned with cosmetic changes, promised upgrades which take an age and a day, and a blinkered approach to genuine constructive criticism.
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 11:42am
Hi,
I will get the text on the mobile cart sorted out. It should just say 'change'.

Red: If the region screen were part of the cart page then it would have to default to the default region for everyone initially so it wouldn't solve the problem you are referring to.

Jackslad: It should say 'Change' not 'Change Region' however some stores will have 'North West' or post code regions or anything if the are using shipping in this way.

How would you see a region screen as part of the cart screen operating? i.e. what would you want the customer experience to be?

Many Thanks
Support
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 2:21pm
Support could you not just add on the cart page to the existing
Your Location : UNITED KINGDOM- Change - the drop down selection button that has it`s own seperate page at the moment, so that the customer stays on the one page and does not jump about.
The country selection button would be better there as it would not move them from the cart page but just update the totals with the correct postage and tax depending on the country selected.

Red
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 3:05pm
Support
could you have the country selection button first so that once selection is made the correct postage and prices would be shown? but not on a seperate page as it is now.
Red
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 6:35pm
Hi,
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If the customer has to make the selection first then it is best to have it on a separate page to make sure that they do this. If it were on the cart page then you would have to put it above the list of products perhaps under your logo and hope that the customer doidn't quickly scroll past it and ignore it.
How would you see it working? i.e. what would the customer see regarding the products, tax etc that appears on the cart page?
Many Thanks
Support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic