RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Integration with Taxamo Assure for EU VAT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DataliteUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Integration with Taxamo Assure for EU VAT
    Posted: 31 March 2023 at 6:06pm
I'm in the UK and seeking a solution to despatch to Republic of Ireland. I have many Irish customers, but had to temporarily suspend despatches to Ireland due to high levels of returns from Ireland's AN Post.

I've now established that the problem is that VAT needs to be prepaid to the EU via IOSS, the alternative is for customers to pay duty prior to delivery - which most won't, generating a costly return.

One possible solution recommended by Royal Mail is Taxamo Assure by Vertex which can facilitate paying EU VAT for a set fee of £2 a package. According to their website: Currently Assure is available via a plug-in with Magento, and with direct API integration to your checkout.

Does anyone know if Taxamo Assure can be integrated with Romancart? Alternatively has anyone found a solution to despatching products to Ireland, and paying the VAT required via IOSS?

John - Datalite UK

Edited by DataliteUK - 31 March 2023 at 6:07pm
D@Mekuti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D@Mekuti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2023 at 2:56pm
Hello John,

We are in a similar situation. Suddenly our speedy and cost-effective service to our EU friends and relatives has taken a nose dive into oblivion.

Did you manage to resolve your issue?

Best wishes,
Demetri (from Mekuti)
DataliteUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DataliteUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2023 at 1:30pm
Hello Demetri,

Thanks for your comments, we won't be alone. I still haven't found a solution to despatching products to the EU (Republic of Ireland). My Irish personalised gift product is available just about anywhere in the world outside the EU, but despatches to Southern Ireland have proved next to impossible for a small business such as ourselves.

The EU have uniquely brought in a tax (VAT) payable for countries outside their system, but with no apparent mechanism for sensibly paying it (unless you're a large business such as Amazon, who can afford exhorbitant service fees just to pay tax). One option is to seek an intermidary in the EU, but they appear to charge four figures sums annually for such a service, out of scope for small business enterprises.

I'm continuing to seek a resolution, and will post further if found. One possibility is using FedEx who say they can take care of tax matters, currently in negotiation with them.

Kind regards,

John
DAYBORN, Datalite UK Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic