RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Integration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Offers and Discounts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JezJacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Offers and Discounts
    Posted: 21 February 2024 at 6:58am
We want to offer discounts on 2 or more purchases on our website

example thresholds:

spend £1000 and get £100 off
spend £2000 and get £200 off etc

the issue I have is some of our products are over £1000 and we dont want these products discounted if buying just 1

there needs to be at least 2 products in the basket before the threshold kicks in and the discount is applied

in basic terms can we add a discount of varing thresholds (as above) but there has to be 2 or more products in the basket?

Thanks

Jez
Jake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2024 at 9:35am
This should be fairly simple to do, and effectively comes down to selecting all products except those that put the price over the limit.
Since it's the Order Total that's important, the Products over £1000 do contribute to the Promotional Code, they just don't trigger it on their own.

Here are the steps:
- Navigate to Marketing > Promotions and Offers > Promotional Codes
- Click on Add promotional code
- Select the Radio Button option labelled 'Click here to select product(s) at least one of which must be in the cart to allow this promotion.'
- Click on the 'here' link to open the context window
- Click 'Check All' to select all of your Products
- Find the Products that you'd like to exclude and untick them manually
- Click 'Save' and then 'Close' on the context window
- Configure the rest of the Promotional Code options to your liking

I've tested this in a few different situations, and it appears to be working as you're describing.
Please do let me know if you have any issues with this method however, and I'll happily take another look for you.

Edited by Jake - 21 February 2024 at 9:36am
Jake Wetherall
Technical Customer Support Advisor
www.sellr.com

JezJacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JezJacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2024 at 2:44pm
Thanks Jake
Thats nearly perfect but the issue is now if someone wants to order 2 of the same course (which does happen) that is over £1000 tresh the discount obviously isnt applied (as it was excluded in the threshold amount)

and if we then create another threshold amount with the course included, the discount is now applied even if you add 1 (which is not what we want)

needs to be 2 or more of any course

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Jez

Edited by JezJacko - 01 March 2024 at 10:31am
JezJacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JezJacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2024 at 12:25pm
anyone?
Jake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2024 at 1:16pm
Sorry about that - it may be better in the fuure to open a support ticket by emailing your questions to support@romancart.com, as that allows us to keep track of the status of questions so that nothing goes unanswered.

Hmmm that's a tricky puzzle then. There unfortunately isn't an option to exclude certain items until the quantity is increased. The next best thing I could think of would be to make it clear that they're excluded from the Promotion, and give a second Promotion with a threshold of 2000 that applies to all products.

The trouble is that the tools themselves are quite general in application, while the requirements here are quite specific. If you have specific questions about how any of the options function when creating a Promotional Code, I'll be more than happy to give break them down for you.
Jake Wetherall
Technical Customer Support Advisor
www.sellr.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic