Print Page | Close Window

Add to cart buttons

Printed From: RomanCart.com Forum
Category: RomanCart
Forum Name: Suggestions and Improvements
Forum Description: If you think RomanCart needs to do something extra say it here!
URL: http://forums.romancart.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11695
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 6:11pm

Topic: Add to cart buttons
Posted By: direct-storage.co.uk
Subject: Add to cart buttons
Date Posted: 12 March 2011 at 3:35pm
Hi

I'm currently looking into using Romancart on my website.

I see there is a wizard that help create code for simple (single)items, are there plans to add a wizards to help with more complex buttons?

I see that there are templates for more complex buttons however hand codeing these is going to be very time consuming.

I have used paypal in the past which has a wizard which create more complex code in seconds

-------------
www.direct-storage.co.uk

Replies:
Posted By: Support James
Date Posted: 12 March 2011 at 4:14pm
Hi,

Which kind of complex button are you trying to create? There maybe a way of creating it the product manager, if you let me know which kind of button you are trying to create i'll talk you through how to create it.

Kind Regards

Posted By: direct-storage.co.uk
Date Posted: 13 March 2011 at 2:57pm
Hi
thanks for your reply is it possible to create the following without having to do the code by hand

1 - A button from the product manager for a product with 7 size options i.e one button with a drop down (or similar) to select size

2 - The same as above but with an additional option to choose one of 7 colours?

Or would these need to be hand coded?

Cheers

-------------
www.direct-storage.co.uk

Posted By: Support James
Date Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:30am
Hi,

This is really easy to create using the product manager.

You can create this using modifiers, i'd recommend watching the product manager screencast which will show you first hand how to create a modifier.

1. Below are the instructions for setting up your first modifer

- First you'd create a product then select 'Modifiers'
- Then you'd select 'Itemname 2'
- You can give it any group name you wish
- Under 'New Value' you would enter what appears in the drop down box, so in this example the first size
- In price you enter how much more the modifier costs than the base price, so if the base price is £2 but the first size costs £5 you would enter £3 in this field (you dont need to put the '£' symbol in this field)
- Then click save and a new set of fields will appear
- Follow the directions above to for your next size available.

It sounds complex but its a really easy process.

2. If you need a second modifier for colours, you follow the same process but select itemname3 and follow the same instructions

Let me know if you need any further help with this.

Kind Regards

Print Page | Close Window