RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > New Features
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RomanCart WordPress Plugin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RomanCart WordPress Plugin
    Posted: 02 June 2015 at 10:57pm
Hi,

We now have our own official RomanCart Ecommerce WordPress Plugin.

If you are using WordPress then install the plugin and you can add a RomanCart storefront to your site in seconds!

Many Thanks
Support
Marissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2016 at 6:20am
Hi there. Do you know which Wordpress Themes are best suited for the RomanCart plugin?

The one I use now isn't compatible (Virtue) - it's only for WooCommerce plugin.

A few of the simple Cutline Themes seem to work, but those themes aren't particularly eye-catching, no offense to the developers. It's just that some themes look better for ecommerce. Now to find the one that works with RomanCart's plugin...
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2016 at 9:00am
Hi,
It should work with any theme.
What are the issues you are encountering?

Many Thanks
Support
Marissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2016 at 4:37pm
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I'm currently using WP theme Virtue. It's only WooCommerce compatible. I tried to activate the RC plugin and got a message that said it wasn't compatible with the theme.

So I poked around trying out different themes on Live Preview. Each time I'd click on the cart tab on every theme, it would only show in brackets [woo_commerce], even though the RC plugin was activated. Also, I haven't installed the WooCommerce plugin.

I surmise that it means those themes are only woocommerce compatible as well. I know that the Cutline themes are RC plugin compatible, but they're a little too generic on the front page and post pages.

Basically, I'm looking for a theme that can support the RC plugin that also look more like a storefront on the pages, especially the front page. Any theme suggestions, please?

I spent several hours last night trying different themes and they all showed on their Cart tab [woo_commerce].

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marissa
Marissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2016 at 5:00pm
Actually, the Cart, Shop, Store tabs show [woocommerce_cart] on all the themes I tried out. I've entered my RC number on the settings as well, but the cart doesn't show up on the themes I tried.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2016 at 5:05pm
Hi,
On RomanCart, go to 'website'/'add a storefront to your website'

All the plugin does is paste those 4 lines of code onto wordpress for you, but you can just as easily do it yourself wherever you like.

RomanCart will be compatible with all themes, it sounds like you are encountering something where they are trying to make you use a different ecommerce system probably for commercial reasons.

Just manually paste the storefront lines in, for example as a blog post.

Many Thanks
Support
Marissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2016 at 5:15pm
Thank you so much. I'll try it. I'm a big fan of RomanCart, so I'm not inclined to be lured away so easily. :)

sin123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sin123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 7:30am
can i use it with any theme.
Support View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 7:44am
Hi,

Yes - give it a go.

Many Thanks
Support
Liza27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liza27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 2:42pm
Just installed RomanCart on my wordpress website. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic