RomanCart.com Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RomanCart > Suggestions and Improvements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Search facility

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Search facility
    Posted: 27 January 2012 at 2:11pm
We use the Romancart search facility created with the product manager. However, it would be useful to restrict what items show up in the search as I have one or two items which I would prefer not to be available to the search option for various reasons.
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:32pm
Can you not just remove all of the keywords from the search engine box on the item in product manager? Works for me.
Support James View Drop Down
RomanCart Team
RomanCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Support James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:34pm
Hi,

The search engine also uses the itemname so you would have to remove or edit anything in the itemname that causes it to appear in the search results.

Thanks

James
Amber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:39pm
One way to do this is to delete the URL from the field, then the item won't show in the search results.
Regards,

Graham

Amber Chiropody Supplies
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Support James Support James wrote:

Hi,

The search engine also uses the itemname so you would have to remove or edit anything in the itemname that causes it to appear in the search results.

Thanks

James

That's what I thought and I don't really want to do that.

It would be easier if there was a tick box set say to the ticked option, but you could untick if you wished the item not to appear. I suggest that it is pre-ticked as lots of people have carts set up already and also loads of products in so to have to manually change it would be a pain, but sure anything added from now could just be unticked as necessary.

I'll try deleting the URL as you suggest Graham.

Edited by raineshoe - 27 January 2012 at 5:52pm
rscass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rscass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by rscass rscass wrote:

Can you not just remove all of the keywords from the search engine box on the item in product manager? Works for me.

Oh gawd - no it doesn't work for me - I should have checked page two of my search results for my keyword!

My apologies.
raineshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raineshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 8:08am

Oh gawd - no it doesn't work for me - I should have checked page two of my search results for my keyword!

My apologies.

Its okay, but I had a feeling that didn't work!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic